Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Couple of Announcements

1. You may have noticed that I now refer to my significant other as "Slag" instead of the earlier "DC." Slag and DC are in fact the same person. Personally, since I started my blog before he started his, I'm thinking that the polite thing would be for him to use the name I chose, if only to prevent confusion on the part of the reader. Unfortunately, I have been unable to bend him to my will. So, for the sake of consistency, henceforth he will be known only as "Slag."

2. Slag and I visited the local Sam's Warehouse yesterday and purchased our Halloween candy in bulk. This means there are, at this very moment, at least ten pounds of chocolate in this house. I don't have to tell you what a dangerous situation this is. I could easily overdose if left unsupervised for any length of time. If I should disappear for a few days, keep in mind that Slag has probably checked me into rehab. I'll be back just as soon as I'm released from the halfway house.

8 Comments:

Blogger Schmoopie said...

Today I discovered, to my delight, a bag of Halloween candy I had purchased a while ago. I stashed it away and forgot about it. After I raked leaves today, I found it and proceeded to stuff myself full of chocolate. I was ashamed of myself and should probably be checked into rehab as well.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Stucco said...

What did/does "DC" stand for? And I can only imagine the danger with the candy- "Slag, just step away from the chocolate and no one will get hurt..."

9:10 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Just remember the 12 steps...

BTW, I never got DC and Slag confused.

9:15 PM  
Blogger slaghammer said...

Chocolate is like a drug addiction to Jilly. This is a very dangerous time of year for me. By the way, I think DC stands for Distended Crank, Dimwitted Cowturd or some such thing. It changes every time I ask her.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh Jill let me share a secret!! When my kids were still home and I had to buy H~candy.. I kept it in the freezer! Kept me out of it... as I hate the dentist and didn't want to chip a tooth! No worries now... I haven't had a trick~or~treater in 23 years lol...

8:24 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

schmoopie, Clearly, we're in the same boat. I've thought about buying a type of candy that I don't like so I won't be tempted to eat it, but that wouldn't be any fun at all. Half the fun of handing out the candy is eating as much as you give away. By the time all the trick-or-treaters are gone, I always have a huge case of the "sugar shakes."

stucco, Slag has learned his lessons the hard way about the chocolate. He still has the scars to prove it.

crimsonking, Oh yes, the 12 steps. The first step is admitting that you have a problem and wanting to change. That first step has always been the problem....

slag, Today I think it will be "dazed and confused."

cheesy, That is an excellent idea! I've used that strategy in the past, but I hadn't thought of sticking all the Halloween candy in the freezer. Assuming I can get it all in there. I might have to eat a little first to reduce the size of the bags....

6:29 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Last night, after the kids went to bed, I snuck into the garage where we hid our pound bags of candy from them, and sampled, um, several bars of varying chocolateyness to, um, ensure they were, um, up to standard.

Obviously, I had to take a representative sampling to avoid unfairly skewing any results.

*burp* Dear me, please excuse that!

Ian

10:43 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

ian, Of course, you have to try at least one of each type when you buy a "candy sampler" package. Sometimes the Butterfingers aren't up to the standards that I set for other people, so I have to eat them all myself.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home