Thursday, March 22, 2007

Good Things

Things are looking up around here.

- Snot production has slowed somewhat after peaking last weekend in the midst of a sinus infection. The antibiotics are doing their thing and I’m no longer taking a roll of toilet paper with me to work in my backpack so I can blow my nose 120 times a day. The office toilet paper is substandard and not suitable for bringing near one’s face. If I had any refinement, I would buy a box of “facial tissues” to keep at my desk, but I don’t, so there you are. Now I’m only blowing my nose 10 times a day.

- Office reassignments have been handed out since the cubeification cancellation fiasco. I’m going back into my old office WITH my old officemate! That’s very cool, because he and I get along really well, and also because he works at home about 80% of the time. So that means I have a window office to myself for most of the day. We could have asked for an office with a better view than the air-conditioning units, but we didn’t want to be greedy. No definite move date has been announced. We're being told the move will be "April-ish."

- My team released a new version of our software this week, and I managed to make it through the entire software release process WITHOUT crying at any time, including before, during, or after work.

But this is the best thing of all:



Wicked Stepmother™ surprised me with THREE bottles of my favorite cheap red wine from a winery in southern Indiana. I did my signature Happy Dance™ with the optional hand clap as soon as I saw the box, because I KNEW what it was. Isn’t she wonderful?? I’m slurping a glass of it even as I type. Life is good.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Could you post a video of yourself doing that Happy Dance?

11:38 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Yeah, I'd like to see the happy dance too...

And congratulations on the largely reduced snot production.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

I'd "happy dance" too if I received 3 bottles of red wine in the mail!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Congratulations on the mostly-private office with the window. And once again you'll be able to watch the guy on the mower this summer!

And Jill, if I knew your address, I would sent you a box of facial tissue. That really soft kind with the lotion in them. Don't know how they put lotion in a tissue without the tissue being wet...but that is the miracle of science.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Evil Spock said...

I know that label . . .

The next time I get a chance, I'll feature Oliver Winery on a Spring-time blog replete with pictures of their beautiful vineyards.

1:28 AM  
Blogger kara said...

Hand claps should never be optional. I figured you of all people would know this.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

*** getting out my purdy wine glass**** you sharing ?
BTW your hubby is way too into this home security system... please don't forget your keys in the upcoming weeks!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

jocelyn, I can't do that while I still have a few crumbs of dignity left. Maybe in a couple more years....

jazz, Just imagine a lot of uncoordinated butt shaking....

schmoopie, Isn't she great?? I'm down to 2 bottles now. I'm going to have to start rationing.

em, I think you're talking about the famous "Puffs" tissues. I have a couple of friends at work who jealously guard their Puffs boxes and will not share. Not very nice if you ask me.

evil spock, Oooh, pictures of the winery would be cool. I'm picturing those lovely little grapes still on the vine. BTW, I'm loving the new springtime look. Or maybe you were recently a bridesmaid? And that's not a joke. My husband has been a bridesmaid twice since I've known him. Once he was the maid of honor.

kara, You're right. A happy dance without hand claps is like cake without frosting. Not worth bothering with.

cheesy, I'll happily pour you a glass anytime you're in Texas! Assuming you'd be willing to drink cheap wine made out of concord grapes. I endure a lot of ridicule for my taste in vino. Sigh.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

LMAO!! I live in the heart of Oregon wine contry,,, and my fav comes out of a box!!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home