Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weird Meme

Holy crap! I just got tagged for my first meme by em! I sooo feel like Steve Martin in “The Jerk,” when he found his name in the phonebook. I’m SOMEBODY!

(And if you’re never seen that movie, you must go watch it right now.)

So, six weird things about me? This will have to be just a sampling.

- I hate flying, but not because I’m afraid of it. I hate not being in control of my own schedule.

- I grew up in a place so rural that we only got two of the three major television networks, NBC and CBS, until the mid-70’s. So, there’s a whole group of ABC shows from early 1970’s popular culture that I never knew anything about until they went into syndication: “The Partridge Family,” “The Brady Bunch,” “The Mod Squad,” “Love, American Style,” etc.

- I don’t do my husband’s laundry and he doesn’t do mine. We were both single too long and set in our ways, I guess. On the rare occasion that one of us finishes up a load of the other’s clothes, something always ends up in the dryer that shouldn’t have, and then we both resolve never to do that favor again.

- When I’m alone in the house, I frequently turn on really loud music and dance like a lunatic, a la Tom Cruise in “Risky Business.” I sometimes wonder if I’ll ever reach an age when I don’t feel like doing it anymore. I hope not.

- I didn’t kiss a guy for the first time until I was almost 18. But the first guy I kissed was also the first guy I slept with, albeit a few months after the first kiss. (I forget who reads this blog. Apologies if you’re getting more information that you wanted.)

- When I get a bag of M&Ms, I dump the whole bag out and line them up in rows by color, in the order of the spectrum, with brown at the end. Then I eat the extras until all the rows have the same number of M&Ms. Then I eat all the brown ones. After that it varies, but I always eat the blue and green ones last, in pairs, because I think they’re the prettiest together. Oh, and I absolutely hate it when I get a bag with only one or two of a particular color. It totally ruins phase 2 (eating the extras until all the rows are even).

11 Comments:

Blogger Evil Spock said...

I wait and eat the green ones last too! Why is that?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

That IS weird. How do you eat them when you're in the car, or at the beach or something like that?

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you say OCD?

2:22 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Hehe. After everything you shared people only care about your M&M foibles.

Personally I think it's great that you still dance around the house.

Ian

3:16 PM  
Blogger Em said...

I would so love to witness the dancing around the house! I'm hoping you aren't going 'totally tom' on us and doing it in whitey tighties!

And the M&M thing, now that is just weird. Glad you shared that one! LOL

4:26 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

OK, 'nother weird thing, blogger ate my comment. So again (unless blogger is trying to get some point across to me...)

1) The M&M thing - just plain bizarre. What do you do if you buy a "party size" bag?

2) You only got to know the Partrige Family in syndication? Oh you poor thing.... Bwaaha

7:24 AM  
Blogger kara said...

"...this thermos is all I need...and this chair...this chair and this thermos is all I need..."

1:53 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

evil spock, It's because they're the prettiest!

crimsonking, I relax my M&M eating procedures while driving and stuff them in my mouth randomly.

rachel, Hrmmph.

ian, That is weird isn't it? I thought everybody had some sort of M&M protocol.

em, No, definitely not "totally tom." That would require getting into Slag's clothes, and I'm not *that* weird. :)

jazz, You know, I've never tried it with a party-sized bag. I'm thinking that would be an all-day project though. Plus I'd gain about 5 pounds doing it. It's terrible about the Partridge family, isn't it? I was so deprived as a child....sob.

kara, "Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. " (OK, I totally stole this from a movie quotes site.)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

I will not let Stucco near anyone's laundry in this house. The whites turn blue, the soap overflows from the machine, things go missing. It is all very strange.

Peanut butter M & M's are my favorite. I am not OCD about them, but perhaps if I took the time to sort their colors, I wouldn't have time to cram so many in my mouth!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

schmoopie, Omigod! There's another peanut butter M&M fan in the world?? I LOVE them. Can't always find them in the little bags, so sometimes I'm forced to buy the big bag and ration.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

The PB ones are the best! I have to pretend not to see them in the store, or I would weigh about 20 lbs more than I do now.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home