Sunday, December 24, 2006

Crossing

Slag and I have always had very different biological clocks. He rarely goes to bed before 2am. I can fall alseep on the couch at 9:30pm. We do our best to keep them somewhat synchronized, but it’s always a battle.

Well, the inevitable has finally happened. After nearly ten years together, our International Date Lines have officially crossed. He came to bed this morning at 5am, about 15 minutes after I woke up for the day. Being the loving wife that I am, I did stay in bed and keep it warm until he was settled in, so we got about 3 minutes under the same covers.

I'm not sure what this is going to mean for the future. The big question now is, how long do I let him sleep? I'm suddenly feeling so powerful....

6 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Been there...but in reverse. I'm the one waking up early....while my wife is up all night. Not a great schedule, that's for sure!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

I feel your pain, except doubly so. I like getting up early. I like staying up late. My wife would spend every "waking" minute of her day sleeping in bed if she could. It's not just because she works nights, because on her days off she sleeps pretty much constantly.

Merry Christmas to you and Slag.

Ian

1:28 PM  
Blogger Stucco said...

That means you are now one day younger than Slaghammer. You've been lapped. Feel free to show Slag the "Lapped dance"...

Merry Xmas!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Stucco said...

Heyya Jill, Merry Xmas to you and Slag. Hope the holiday is enjoyable.

2:29 PM  
Blogger kara said...

The Ex Systems Administrator and I were/are strangers passing in the night as well. I've considered drugging him so I'd have something to cuddle with while I sleep...but he'd be too heavy to drag to the bed. Besides, I think there are laws against that.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

em and ian, I guess I'm not the only one sleep incompatibility issues. If things continue as they have been, we should be synchronized again in about a month.

stucco, Oh, I'll show him the "lapped" dance. It's also called the "Get your ass out of bed because Christmas dinner isn't going to make itself" dance. I did that one just a couple of days ago.

kara, You could always just tie him to the bed. I don't think that's illegal, but I bet he wouldn't turn you in regardless.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home