Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Recap

OK, so I've been gone for a while. But not to worry! I have a great excuse at the ready! Plus, it's true, so I don't have to worry about keeping my story straight later. Here it is: The hard drive on my computer died. For the second time. In six months. I was unhappy. :( <-- Note the frowny face added for extra emphasis.

Technically, the computer that died was Slag's computer. Except for the laptop I have from work, all the computers in the house belong to Slag. He has his primary business computer, his backup business computer, the backup for the backup business computer and a couple retired business computers that sit partially disassembled in the corner of his office until they collect enough dust to grow corn. There's probably another computer or two in the garage someplace, but I don't feel energetic enough to go down there and look, so you'll have to take my word for it. Since there's really no room in the house for another computer, I am allowed to use the backup for the backup business computer for my little non-work computer activities.

Anyway, after the computer died I didn't have much to do, so I spent some time every day lobbying for its repair. When I say I "lobbied," I mean that I sat in Slag's office, gazed forlornly from Slag to the nonfunctional computer and back again, and then sighed and moaned for extended periods. Then I would plod downstairs, flop on the couch, and watch reruns of Project Runway. I love it when Heidi Klum goes "You're out." and then gives the ejected contestant the European double kiss, the kind that says "I don't really know you, but I have good breeding."

Slag wasn't giving me and the deceased computer a lot of attention because he was busy fielding last minute demands from his clients who all wanted him to do stuff for them before the end of the year. I'm not sure exactly what stuff they wanted, but they do give him money for doing it, so they were getting top priority and the defunct computer and I were getting nothing.

My sighing eventually wore him down though, especially after I started doing it while dramatically sprawling myself across his lap and making it impossible for him to type or talk on the telephone or do any of the other things his clients pay him to do, because he finally got in his truck and drove to Fry's and bought a new hard disk. And he did it TWO DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS. Yes, he endured all the manic shoppers and insane checkout lines and insipid piped-in Christmas music that one would expect to experience at Fry's two days before Christmas, just to get that hard disk. That's how much he loves me. I am a lucky woman.

Now I'm back in business. Let me catch you up on my exciting life.


A chocolate voodoo doll that Skiver gave me. I'm eating him from the feet up to prolong his suffering, because I'm a bitch like that.




My new Pfaff Hobby 1200 GrandQuilter! Isn't it magnificent?? My Mom and Wicked Step-Motherâ„¢ and Slag went in together on it for my Christmas present. I'm expecting my quilting expertise to triple overnight.





A painting/mixed media piece that my best friend from high school sent me. Isn't it cool? Yes, she created it herself. I love it.




My latest quilt. It's for my new niece Sophie. She arrived almost a month early, but she's perfectly healthy, so all is well.




My second latest quilt. It's for Sophie's big sister Sage. When my sister was pregnant with Sage and found out she was having a girl, the first words out of her mouth were "I hate pink!" So, of course, I made Sage a quilt with no pink in it. Now Sage is almost three and has opinions of her own. She loves pink. LOVES it. So I made her a pink quilt. Sorry Sis.




A doll quilt that I made out of extra blocks I accidentally made for the above quilt, because I am apparently retarded and can no longer multiply correctly.

That's all the excitement for now. I hope all of you out there in the internet had a wonderful holiday season and may all have a happy and healthy new year.


7 Comments:

Blogger Mauigirl said...

Welcome back! Glad your hard drive is up and running again. Happy 2008!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're back!

9:38 PM  
Blogger kara said...

yaaaaaaaay!

that voodoo doll looks tasty...but i can see by the box he was never anatomically correct...which takes away half the fun.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

It's almost like, with no computer around to blog with, you, um, had to get productive--great quilts!

I've missed you. But I must tell you I would have been *very* disappointed if you were the kind of person who would have gone down in the basement and checked on how many computer parts were there. One reason I can like you is that you are distinctly not a person who would go do that. I'm more than happy to take your word for what you think is down there.

Oh, and thanks for explaining the frownie face. Otherwise, I might have thought it was a colon followed by a parentheses.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

So glad you're back... Those quilts are beautiful. Except for the pink.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Glad you're back! Good to know that new hard drives are in place and all is right in the Jill household.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Dazam girl .. NICE machine, I am jello...

I need to start looking for one that is easier to stipple stitch on.

Welcome back and Happy new year to you both! How's that ol' man of yours doing? I for one miss his posts~~~

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home