Saturday, May 19, 2007

Three Weird Things

I encountered some weird things on my morning walk through the neighborhood today. Here they are, in order of increasing weirdness (to me).

- All the newspapers I saw lying in driveways this morning had single-serving sized boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios™ tucked into their little plastic bags.

- All the fireplugs I saw were covered in large plastic bags secured with generous amounts of duct tape. All of them. For the life of me, I cannot think of any logical reason for the plastic bags. Does it mean they’re out-of-order? What if there’s a fire?? If anyone else can provide an explanation, please let me know. It will take a great weight off my mind to know.

- I passed a house where a long row of little knee-high shrubs had been planted between the sidewalk and the curb. Two (apparently) able-bodied men were removing said shrubs by attaching one end of an industrial-sized chain to a shrub, attaching the other end to a hitch on the back of an SUV and driving the SUV far enough down the street to pull the shrub out the ground. I’ll agree it was clever, but the whole process seemed a little over-engineered to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

#1 - I've seen that. And I love Honey Nut Cheerios.

#3 - A bit much...but productive.

#2 - Now THAT is weird.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

#1 - Anything to force people to try something, right?

#2 - Totally bizarre. maybe they'd been repainted and were being protected from the elements?

#3 - I'm just positive a generous amount of beer was also involved in said project.

Ian

8:08 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

#1 Going out with the newpapers because we posties were getting fat!

#2 Maybe they had fertilized the grass and were protecting the water source?

#3 LOL thats how I help daughter get her juniper out!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

Number three is a project that goes on all the time down on the farms in MO and IL. I agree with Ian. They were probably havin' beer and havin' fun!

12:19 PM  
Blogger kara said...

Somebody murdered those fireplugs.You were witness to dead fireplug carnage. That is so sad.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home